On marking up Henry VIII

This week I submitted the F1 old-spelling transcription of Henry VIII to ISE. To be specific, I submitted a light mark-up to an already thorough one undertaken by ISE’s research assistants. All of the hardcore TEI had already been done (character id’s, line numbering, indication of long s’s, and much more); I was responsible for going through the file, adding stage directions and props, identifying verse or prose mode where I could, things like that.…

Continue reading

On Finding – and Refining – One’s Voice

My to-do list was overwhelmingly long, and so yesterday I found myself procrastinating in every possible way. I decided, for no clear reason, that I needed to consolidate my working bibliography to incorporate all of my research sources from graduate school onward. I don’t know; ¬†someday that might come in handy. I decided to go back and pull the works cited lists from my Master’s courses.¬†In a further act of procrastination, I read some of…

Continue reading