I’ve been experimenting with ways to present Tarlton’s Jests as a work in progress over on The Tarlton Project. I decided that the best way to demonstrate how this project is coming together is to push preliminary experiments, using TEI Boilerplate for styling purposes. You can see my first efforts on the Tarlton Project site.
I’ve been thinking a lot lately (all right, again) about transmission of visual artifacts in early modern England and how access – and lack thereof – would have informed perceptions of place and people. I’m not sure where I want to go with this, but here are three examples of what’s swirling in my head:
I’ve been considering best ways to develop practices that assist in collaborative digital edition production. Over on the Tarlton Project site I’ve started the ball rolling with some thoughts about crowdsourcing Tarlton’s Jests that might lead somewhere. Or not. Feedback requested.